Refined Linseedoil is a purified Raw Linseedoil that has been heat-stabilised for the further thermal processing during the production of resins, varnishes, polymerized linseedoil or other binders.
The oil is refined in 3 stages
- Degumming by centrifugal separation
- Bleaching by contact with bleaching earth
- Neutralisation by distillatio
You may want to use our Refined Linseedoil in any further process where you need to polymerise or co-polymerise a vegetable drying oil into a varnish or resin as a vehicle for your coating.
Current fields of application
● Printing inks: as a binder in sheet-fed offset inks, in oleoresinous printing ink varnishes, as an additive in heatset and coldset printing inks
● Alkyd resins: long and medium oil resins, excellent drying and pigment wetting properties
● Paints and varnishes: owing to its low viscosity it is an ideal starting material for enamels, varnishes, hard gloss paints or similar products and it may also be used as a diluent replacing a part of the solvents
Thanks to continuous process improvements and a focus towards processing Linseed, Linseedoil & Derivatives, Scaldis is now recognised as one of the leading producers and exporters in our business sector. Our on-site storage capacity of some 16.000 ton gives us an enormous flexibility, both in terms of production facility as towards our customers. We strive every day to be a reliable, competitive and flexible partner. We are home supplier to most of the industry leaders in their business sector and geographical area.
We offer you a one-stop shop so we can guarantee different kind of grades, quantities and packaging, all with the highest quality. From 1 drum or IBC over containers and flexitanks, to bulk quantities anywhere between a tank truck and a tank barge, every order is important for us which we always handle with the most care.